1. 1980 Martin D-19--I have been on a hunt for sometime for a nice D-19, only made for a few years in the late 70's and early 80's, and after finding this beauty, I then found another made in 1981--which is the birthyear of my youngest daughter--so that one stays! The one for sale is in fabulous condition, EXTREMELY clean, with a beautiful, dark-stained sitka top, and it sounds and plays great. I just (3/09/10) had a set-up done, raised the saddle with the action set "medium", and it plays like a dream. $1650 delivered, CONUS.
2. 1990 Martin D-18--this is in NEAR MINT/showroom condition--no kidding! the absolute only flaw that I can tell is that it has not yet been "played-in" like a 20 year old guitar should be.
3. 1981 M-36 -- just had a neckset and fret work done by Dave Musselwhite -- it's a fabulous player in super condition...$2100 (I have $2400 into it--it was going to be a "lifer"--but things change!)
4. 1966 00-21 -- beautiful Brazilian RW 12 fret slothead--excellent condition ...$4575
5. 1976 D-35 -- a fantastic player, in great condition, with one of the most beautiful shadetops you'll find on a "modern" Martin...$1850 (PM me for full details and additional pix) I just "replaced" this one with a similar '75 version, though the burst and the condition are not nearly as nice!
6. 1990 D-40BLE -- ok, this one is special...Limited edition Brazilian RW back and sides, with high grade Engelmann Sitka top, with lots of bling! Near mint condition, with the exception of some fine finish crazing from the bridge to the bottom of the guitar--not visible "head on", but can be seen when angling the guitar in the light. The new edition of the Blue Book of Acoustic Guitars lists this as a $9000+ guitar in Excellent condition--which this clearly is, minus the 6 lines of checking. I did inquire with the Martin factory, and the cost to completely refinish the top, should one choose to do so, would be @ $700. Most folks tell me to "leave it alone"...your choice! $6150 (as is) including Mark Leaf case. (Yes, this is the guitar that was featured in the "Ugly Brazilian" thread in the lounge a couple months ago!)
HISCOX CASES (U.S. Dealer)--clearance!
The following represents my remaining IN-STOCK inventory of Hiscox ARTIST cases in DOUBLE 0 (00) size. Pricing includes shipping and insurance to U.S. locations east of the Mississippi. Due to rising shipping fees, I must add $20 to ship to U.S. locations west of the Mississippi.
My apologies for this "discriminatory act"!
(1) Artist GCL-M (00) Black shell/green interior....$424 delivered
(1) Artist GCL-M (00) Black shell/red interior........$424 delivered
(1) Artist GCL-M (00) Ivory shell/red interior........$449 delivered
(1) Artist GCL-M (00) Ivory shell/green interior....$449 delivered
Also...ONE remaining ProII series case--a GCL-L (for 00 and classical guitars)......$229 final clearance
For now, I am HOLDING OFF ordering any new inventory until I work out a few details with the distributor. So, anyone looking for a different size/model (dreadnought, jumbo, etc.) will need to go directly to the distributor or one of the other retailers on his site. Regular retail prices will apply. Or, contact me first and if I can work a "trade" with another dealer, I can still give a discounted price on another size. Questions...send directly to me at rmpine at msn dot com. Thanks!