We are starting this thread for signing up volunteers to perform at the Open Mic at Martin on Main this August 5, 2017 from Forum members. There are a few changes and we are looking for five "Stage Hand" volunteers who can each take an hour turn helping set up and take down each performer so that the Emcee and sound person can do their respective tasks.
Basically, the format is the same as last year so that we can make the MoM run smooth. Here are the basic guidelines and suggestions:
1. Performances begin at 12 noon. 2 songs per 12 minute slot. If rain forces a delay, we resume at the previously designated slot times. While we will try to accommodate time switches, please notify in advance if a time switch has been arranged. Our guest artists to be announced shortly will perform at 3:00PM.
2. 2. Martin instruments only; harp OK. No percussion or keyboards.
When signing up, please advise of the number
of performers (we may set a possible limit of no more than 4 instruments
due to the number of mic and inputs needed. Also, there will only be
on stage at any time.) ADDITION - There will be only 4 DI boxes with
cables supplied. There will be 2 instrument mics and 3 vocal mics that
can be shared due to the limited space for mic stands on the stage.
4. 4. If you are planning on using a direct input, CHANGE - a 1/4" instrument cable will be supplied on top of each DI box. If you have a pre-amp that does not use 1/4" cable, please use instrument mic. Also, please test instruments/pickups before arriving on stage. Please have fresh batteries installed and on-hand.
5. 5. Performers must arrive and be "staged" and ready to go by the time the performer scheduled to perform before them goes on stage. This means that you must arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointed time to allow for set up and staging.
6. There will be both an EMCEE AND STAGE HAND available for set up. There are volunteer slots for Stage Hand with each doing one hour of the 5 hours. The guest artist 3PM time slot will be handled by the moderators.
If you'd like to perform at Martin on Main as representatives of the UMGF, please add your name to this
thread and we will compile a list of performers to be chosen from those who post. As always, preference goes to newbies and to other Martinfest volunteer workers, such
as Guitar Guards, Stage Hands and is not necessarily a first-come, first served arrangement so don't
be worried if there are more than 25 members who have posted in the
thread. Also, we sometimes get a combination of members for one slot
and we do have a Cancellation list as we get closer to Martinfest.
Doug for the mods